Joining the Chorale
Enrollment dates, or Open Calls, are sessions open to the public where new members can join the Chorale. They typically fall on the first two Monday evenings at the beginning of each trimester. Our joining process is friendly — we do not have a formal audition process, nor do we require any particular level of previous singing experience. You do not need to bring your own music, nor sing a prepared piece.
- Our joining process is informal and supportive — we do not have a formal audition process. You do not need to bring your own music, nor sing a prepared piece.
- You will be greeted by our Membership Committee when you arrive, and will be asked to fill out a couple of forms.
- New members then meet with our Artistic Director to determine voice section placement.
- All singing members should have a good sense of pitch and be willing to learn to read music.
- We are a SATB chorus (soprano, alto, tenor, bass).
- Once confirmed as a member, the Music Librarian will provide assistance with sheet music and music folder.
- Each Open Call session is immediately followed by a regular rehearsal at 7 pm, where the whole Chorale will be in attendance. This will be your first rehearsal.
- Under “normal” (non-pandemic) circumstances, our Fall trimester runs from September until early or mid December; our Winter trimester runs from January to late March/early April; our Spring trimester runs from early April until late May/early June. We do three major concerts a year and a variety of short events.
- Our Membership Handbook has more information on the Chorale.
- Our protocols and safety measures for in-person singing are being developed over the summer and will be posted on our website before our first Open Call.
Next Open Calls
Our Fall 2021 Trimester Open Calls will be Monday September 13 and Monday September 20 No audition – just a chance to chat with our artistic director. Please use the contact form on our contact page if you have any questions and also to let us know of your interest!
- September 13 from 6:00-7:00 pm, location TBD (greater Wilmington area)
- September from 6:00-7:00 pm, location TBD (greater Wilmington area)